Innovation, Experience, Dedication, Collaboration, Results
John Tomaszewski is a Vice President at NaviAsia Consulting Group. He has over 15 years combined experience in consulting and industry. Some of John’s emphases are in strategy, merger and acquisitions, operations, supply chain, strategic sourcing, and organizational transformation. His prior experience includes managing engagements at A.T. Kearney, Inc. and BP Amoco.
Some examples of his relevant business experience to China ventures are:
- Conducted chemical and refinery economics to assist BP Amoco to enter the China market
- Chinese natural gas joint venture financial and administrative management
- Developed market entry strategy utilizing a JV model in Latin America and China
- Strategic sourcing of automotive parts to China and Chinese supplier evaluation resulting in average savings range from 35-60%
In addition, John has abundant experience in other emerging markets, such as Mexico, Romania, and Poland.
Bill Liu is a Vice President at NaviAsia Consulting Group. Bill has more than 18 years of combined experience in consulting and industry. He specializes in strategy, marketing, and operations management, with a focus on international business.
Bill received his PhD in Environmental Engineering from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and later earned a MBA from the Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University.
Prior to joining NaviAsia, Bill worked for Lucent Technologies, PriceWaterhouseCoopers, and Waste Management, Inc.
- In his current position, Bill advises U.S. companies on how to more efficiently achieve their marketing and manufacturing goals in China. He has helped clients with China strategic sourcing in the metal, plastics and electronics industries. Specifically, he assisted a manufacturing company to establish its manufacturing base in China, and designed a chemical company's China market-entry strategy.
- Bill led Lucent Technologies'successful international eBusiness operations in both Asia and Canada. He also managed the sales and marketing program for Lucent's JV plant in China.
- Bill serves and has served on a number of China-related advisory boards, including; the City of Chicago's China Committee, Benedictine University, and the Harbin Business Exchange. He is also the co-Executive Director of the One China Committee, and a committee member of the Chicago Council on Foreign Relations'west chapter.
- A frequent guest lecturer for Northwestern University's Kellogg School of Business, Bill was a keynote speaker at Kellogg's 2005 Asian Business Conference. In addition, he has lectured on "Negotiation with Chinese" and "Strategic Sourcing from China" at Kellogg. Bill is also very involved with the Kellogg Alumni Club of Chicago (KACC). He founded the KACC's Asia/Pacific Committee, and the KACC's Western Chapter.
- Bill has lectured about China for a variety of corporations and events that include: Navistar, Citibank, 53 Bank, Harris Bank, Ungaretti & Harris, the Commercial Development and Marketing Association (CDMA), Association of Strategic Alliance Professionals (ASAP), World Trade Center of Illinois, and the Measurement Control and Automation Association. Bill also is a speaker at the 2007 International Home & Housewares Show.
- Bill serves on the board of directors for Standard Rubber Products (Zhuhai) Company Limited, Zhuhai, China and Naperville United Way.